In the following article we will try to give a simple explanation what is software development and the way it is done as a rule and at NIX Solutions in particular. We hope that you will find some answers here and will have a sufficient understanding of the process.
Software development is an interactive logical process, the purpose of which is to create software with computer coding or programming to solve a unique business or personal goal, task or process. As a rule, software development is a planned initiative that consists of various stages leading to the creation of software.
Software development is mainly achieved through computer programming that is performed by a programmer. Glob-News highlights the following such development processes:
- initial research and audit,
- data stream design
- process flow design
- accompanying technical documents
- software test program
- debugging and other architecture components.
All of the above activities are known as the software development life cycle – SDLC.
What does a software development life cycle mean?
SDLC is a structure that defines the tasks performed at each stage according to technical documentation. The development team performs all the procedures in a specific sequence according to the plan that describes the nuances of development and support. A methodology for improving the qualitative characteristics of software development and its final result is determined due to the structure of the SDLC.
Software development consists of:
- Planning is the most important component in the process of creating software, collecting information or analyzing requirements. It is usually performed by the most experienced developers in the organization. After the client’s requirements are collected, a defining the project area document is created.
- Realization: the software engineer prescribes the code according to the technical plan of the client.
- Testing allows you to identify defects and errors made during the development of software.
- Documentation: each step in the project is documented for further use and improvement of the software. Project documentation may include writing an application programming interface.
- Implementation and maintenance: at the end of the development process software is launched for its intended use. Thanks to well-timed maintenance and monitoring of released software in the future, it is easier to upgrade and modify functionality.